Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Memories

Last night I opened a bottle of Johnsons Head to Toe Baby Wash. I know, I know he's almost 2 but it was on sale and it works. I hadnt bought this particular kind in a very long time because of all the new fragrances on the shelves so I just picked it up while shopping because we were almost out.

Anyway, I opened the bottled, put my nose over it, inhaled deeply and was immediately filled with amazing memories of when my baby was just a newborn in the hospital. Its funny how a particular smell can bring you back to the very exact moment of where you were when you first experienced the smell. It was June 29, 2007 in Augusta at The Medical College of Georgia NICU. It was also my 5th wedding anniversary, my son's 5th day in the NICU, the first time they let me hold him and let me give him a bath and we used Johnson Head to Toe Baby Wash. :-)

With a misty eye, I took it to my husband and asked him to smell to see if it brought back the same memory. He said he remembered but not like me. :-) I will never in all my days forget that smell, it holds a special memory that I want to hold onto forever because it makes me happy. There were no tangible "gifts" to be given that year for our anniversary, but what I recieved that day will be with me forever and there is nothing in this world that can replace it.

5 comments:

  1. so sweet Tori. Sometimes I wish we could bottle those scents up to keep them forever

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwwww.... How sweet. I have certain scents make memories flood back.

    I love the smell of J&J baby wash. I may or may not still use it on my 3 & 5 yr old purly for my own enjoyment :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet! WE actually STILL are using the same bottle of that head to toe wash, though it's nearing the end. But I still love how it smells like a newborn baby and will keep using it as long as I can for that exact reason!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet. We use J&J Soothing Naturals...but I still have the regular J&J by the tub.

    ReplyDelete