Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My boy is the best!

This was so cute, I couldnt resist sharing.

Heres a little background:
Sunday night (our snow day) I started to get a little tickle in my throat, which usually means my sinuses are going to start acting up. Sure enough Monday I woke up to a sore throat and byt Tuesday night my voice could barely be heard.

Everynight, Davis and I have the same exact routine.

6:30 bathtime with Daddy

7:00 dinner fed by the available parent

7:20 playtime

7:30 mommy puts Davis to bed and it goes a little something like this (actually exact order)

  • Get teddy and put him in the bed
  • Davis sits on mommys lap
  • pray with Davis ending it in a very cheerful AMEN!
  • hug, kiss and I say "who loves you???""" followed by "Momyyyyyyyyyyyyy"
  • grab teddy and says "night night mommy"
  • lays down and I ask "Do you want mommy to sing?" always followed by a "yes, Sunshine"
  • I sing You are my Sunshine (followed by a few other ballads since he's the only one who loves me enough to listen to me sing!)until he falls soundly asleep!
He has it so memorized that when something is off I get a strange look and sometimes he just goes with the flow; Last night there was a little of both. I'll skip right to bed time...

  • Get teddy and put him in the bed
  • Davis sits on mommys lap
  • pray with Davis ending it in a very cheerful AMEN!

This is where things get funny...

  • hug, kiss and I say "who loves you???" (by this time my voice was completly gone so he thought I was trying to whisper so its followed by the tiniest voice in whisper form "mommyyyyy". LMAO!!! What a sweet kid, gotta loveem!
  • grab teddy and says "night night mommy"
  • lays down and I ask "Do you want mommy to sing?" again followed by a whispered"yes, Sunshine"
  • I attempt to sing You are my Sunshine and he looks at m like WTH is wrong with you and why are we whispering?????

Finally he just says "night night mommy." My rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment